Hi and welcome to my Website! For those who already know me this site is all about Classical Dressage, and for those who don't - let me explain my involvement.
Quite simply, I've been riding and practising the art of Classical Dressage for some 40 years. In addition, I'm a trainer, teacher, writer, video producer, lecturer, and the Founder of the Lusitano Breed Society of Great Britain and the Classical Riding Club.
My late husband and I were the first to establish a large Classical Dressage academy of Lusitano and Spanish horses in the UK back in l979.
Long before Classical Dressage became fashionable and acceptable again, I was teaching and promoting the subject throughout the world including South and North America, South Africa, New Zealand & Australasia. According to my publishers, I'm the most prolific and widely read English speaking author on the subject still alive today. I hope to continue!
Interesting Facts about Sylvia Loch
- Sylvia is the only British instructor qualified by the Portuguese National School of Equestrian Art.
- She is also the Classical Dressage Trainer for the ABRS Jefress Scholarship Trust.
- Founder of the Lusitano Breed Society of Great Britain (1986) and now Honorary President.
- Hon member of the Portuguese Breeders Association.
- Her Classical Riding Club has been made an independent partner of the British Horse Society and its work is recognised at international level.
- She has been studying Classical Riding and teaching it for the past 45 + years and still continues to ride, teach and train horses of all levels.
- Presented the Portuguese School of Equestrian Art for Treaty of Windsor celebrations, London
- Buckingham Palace - Portuguese State Banquet - presented to H M the Queen and President Soares of Portugal (after dinner, invited to a private audience with HM on the subject of her books and horses)
- Demo at The Royal Mews - Buckingham Palace.
- Hon President of Show at Golega 5 day horse fair.
- Published Books since 1986 include :THE ROYAL HORSE OF EUROPE - (Horse & Hound's 'book of the year'), The Classical Seat, The Art of Classical Riding, Classical Schooling for Horse and Rider, Dressage in Lightness, Invisible Riding, The Classical Rider
- It is always a great honour to be invited to write the Foreword or Intro to a classic book by a celebrated author. These include: modern edition of the famous The Complete Training of Horse and Rider and The Riding Teacher, - Alois Podhajsky, (late director of The Spanish Riding School of Vienna). Philippe Karl's - Long Reining, Horse Training in Hand - Ella Schuthof-Lesmeister & Kip Mistral, & Riding Relevations - Anne Wilson.
- Judged around the world including: Brazilian Lusitano Championships -San Paulo, Lisbon Show, Windsor show, Aberdare Kenya, Andalusian Nationals - USA, New Zealand, Australia, Virginia Horse Centre, USA
- Lecturer and Clinician include: Alabama - USA, Los Angeles - USA, Kenya, New Zealand, Australia, Equitana - Kentucky & Louisville - USA, Boston, Wisconsin, California, Alabama, New York STA and Calgary Canada.
- Invited as a guest presenter and trainer to The Dressage Convention 2013 run by Carl Hester and Richard Davison.